Our Top Picks for Cities with the Best Street Food
Grabbing a bite from street vendors is one of the best ways to discover a new culture. Different flavours, textures, and spices can tell you a lot about a country’s history, its people and their daily lives. And, of course, some cities simply serve the most delicious food ever at incredibly low prices. So, if you are planning your next getaway, consider exploring one of the cities below – your taste buds will thank us!
1. Bangkok, Thailand: It’s hard to find an inch on the streets of Bangkok that isn’t taken up by some kind of food stall. From delicious noodles to tasty vegetables and hearty soups, grab a stool and enjoy one of the most scrumptious meals for a ridiculously cheap price.
2. Marrakech, Morocco: Spend the afternoon shopping in the winding streets of the Marrakech souks and then stop at Djemaa el Fna, the main square, where you will find infinite food stalls selling everything from escargots, to seasoned meats and bags of dried fruits and nuts.
3. Brussels, Belgium: Sure, the fine dining scene in Brussels is exquisite and delicious, but its street food is even better. From the salty frites to sweet waffles, there is something for everyone on the streets of Brussels.
4. Penang, Malaysia: Considered Malaysia’s culinary capital, Penang is undoubtedly one of the world’s finest street food destinations. Its cuisine deliciously blends influences from Thailand, China, India and Indonesia to create a delicious combination of flavours.
5. Chicago, USA: Okay, so street food isn’t exactly legal in Chicago but that doesn’t make it any less tasty. From huge sandwiches, to meaty meatballs, and a southern-style mac and cheese, the street food in Chicago will leave your mouth watering and your stomach feeling satisfied.
6. San Juan, Puerto Rico: When you feel like you need to take a break from the beautiful beach to restock on delicious food and refreshing drinks, head to one of the many food stalls lining San Juan’s streets. Grab some fresh seafood or enjoy a delicious piece of ripe fruit and then go back to enjoying the warm sunshine.
7. Istanbul, Turkey: Sure, you can grab a kebab in just about any corner of the world today, but the street stalls in Istanbul will serve them with an authentic flavour you won’t find anywhere else. Take one to go and grab your choice of pastry for dessert (borek, simit, and baklava are just some of the delicious options).
Image source: theonlyfashionprincess.blogspot.com
Visit simplyholidaydeals.co.uk to find holiday discounts and deals. It is completely free and there is no obligation to purchase. It is simple and easy to become a member. Get deals in your inbox, download our iPhone or Android app and get deals on your mobile, or follow us on your favorite social network. So, show your support and join the 60,000 plus others to date who have joined Simply Holiday Deals and let’s travel the world together…at discounted rates.