Romantic Destination Ideas for Valentines Day
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and you may start feeling like you’re scrambling for ideas to make this day a special one with your significant other. And you are just in luck! This year’s V-Day falls on a Sunday meaning you can extend the celebrations for a whole weekend and make it all the more romantic. So, how exactly should you spend your romantic couple of days this year? We’ve picked out the best destination ideas for this Valentine’s Day right here for you:
1. Paris, France: Paris is always a good idea… And all the more so when you want to woo your loved one in all the best that this romantic city has to offer. A romantic walk along the Seine, exquisite candlelit dinners, watching the sunset from the Eiffel Tower, and shopping around the beautiful boutiques of Paris for that perfect Valentines gift are just some of the ways you can spend your romantic getaway in the City of Light.
2. Venice, Italy: Another one of Europe’s most exquisite cities, Venice does romance like no other. Internationally acclaimed for its beauty, architecture and artworks, this stunning city in addition to the lagoon, which encircles it, have both been garnished as UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Nothing seems more picture-perfect for a romantic getaway than a peaceful gondola ride into the sunset.
3. The Greek Islands: Greece’s 227 islands bathed by crystal clear waters and its historical cities and towns make it a must stop for any kind of romantic escape. Whether you are looking to enjoy stunning beaches, breath-taking natural scenery, a buzzing nightlife, or discover incredible historical sites and charming villages, Greece has something to offer you on your beautiful Valentine’s Day escape.
4. The Lake District, UK: You don’t have to go far to be able to enjoy a romantic getaway with your loved one this February. Spend the most romantic couple of days right here in the UK in the beautiful Lake District, where you will find all you need for an unforgettable weekend. With 16 major lakes and England’s highest mountains, the Lake District is your prime destination for romantic walks among nature, picturesque villages to discover, and breathtaking scenery to enjoy with your significant other.
5. Bali, Indonesia: Of course, if you do want to escape far and away, Bali is one of the most romantic islands to spend a few days romancing your loved one. With stunning sandy beaches, balmy waters, incredible natural scenery and incredible cultural gems, you just know Bali is the best place to go if you want to make this Valentine’s Day truly unique and memorable.
6. The Maldives: The prime honeymoon destination for lovebirds around the world, the Maldives truly live up to their reputation. The fabulous resorts on secluded islands, the transparent waters filled with magical coral reefs to explore, and the fabulous weather year-round make the Maldives the perfect destination to enjoy an undisturbed romantic getaway this year.
7. Vienna, Austria: If you’re not really into the whole beach thing, you know nothing says romance quite like a warm hot chocolate enjoyed in the snowy streets of a charming city with your loved one at your side. And, lucky for you, you won’t have any trouble finding a coffee house to cosy up in when it just gets too cold outside.
Image source: inspiringwallpapers.net
Visit simplyholidaydeals.co.uk to find holiday discounts and deals. It is completely free and there is no obligation to purchase. It is simple and easy to become a member. Get deals in your inbox, download our iPhone or Android app and get deals on your mobile, or follow us on your favorite social network. So, show your support and join the 87,000 plus others to date who have joined Simply Holiday Deals and let’s travel the world together…at discounted rates.