Most Popular African Beach Resorts
Winter hasn’t yet begun but we are all feeling the cold weather already. So it’s only natural that you are probably dreaming of exotic locations to rest your head and enjoy the sun. While Africa is a popular destination for safaris and exploring nature and cultures, the continent is also home to spectacular beaches ideal for scuba diving, sunbathing and even surfing. So, if you need a little inspiration, check out our list below of the best beach resorts in Africa.
1. La Digue Island, Seychelles: No list of African beaches is complete without mentioned the Seychelles islands. All of them are worthy of being on the list, but if we were forced to choose, La Digue Island takes the crown. It is home to the magnificent Anse Source d’Argent beach, believed to be the world’s most photographed beach.
2. Nungwi, Zanzibar, Tanzania: Zanzibar is a close second to the Seychelles with plenty of attractive beaches along its shores. Nungwi beats them all, however, with its crystal clear waters and white sand. It’s the perfect place for some night diving and fun water sports.
3. Tamarin Bay, Mauritius: The sand might not be a dreamy white, but it is thin as a veil and the surrounding mountainous and lush green scenery makes for the perfect beach setting. The water also provides lots of fun, with perfect waves for surfing in two spots along the coast.
4. Watamu Beach, Kenya: Heading to Kenya for an exciting safari? Consider stopping by Watamu on your last days to replenish before heading home. This small town is set in Kenya’s eastern coast and is home to beautiful white sandy beaches and gorgeous blue waters.
5. Praia de Santa Maria, Cape Verde: A small yet popular island, Santa Maria is home to various restaurants, small shops, guesthouses, and hotel chains. The dreamy beach of Santa Maria is the perfect place to enjoy a relaxing holiday in the sun and explore some of the local culture.
6. Kotu, Gambia: This gorgeous golden beach is surrounded by lush green nature. Ideal for sunbathing or enjoying some fun watersports.
7. Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt: Arguably North Africa’s most popular beach resort, Sharm el Sheikh is home to pristine beaches along the Red Sea. With plenty of hotels right on the beachfront, you will surely find something that fits your taste and budget.
8. Tofo Beach, Mozambique: Stretching for 8km, the white sands of Tofo Beach are the perfect escape from the dreary days of winter back home. The bay also creates some perfect spots for surfing.
9. Camps Bay, South Africa: Cape Town’s most popular beach, Camps Bay is your perfect resting place if you’re tired of exploring the South African city. Easily reached by car, the beach is lined by a variety of restaurants and cafes that will delight your taste buds.
10. Essaouira, Morocco: If you are looking for a truly exotic experience, this beach in Morocco is your perfect destination. The golden beach is ideal for surfing but you can also choose to enjoy less typical activities. Ride a camel along the beach or explore the UNESCO protected village.
Image source: wallpaperstock.net
Visit simplyholidaydeals.co.uk to find holiday discounts and deals. It is completely free and there is no obligation to purchase. It is simple and easy to become a member. Get deals in your inbox, download our iPhone or Android app and get deals on your mobile, or follow us on your favorite social network. So, show your support and join the 60,000 plus others to date who have joined Simply Holiday Deals and let’s travel the world together…at discounted rates.