The Hottest 2015 Holiday Destinations
Don’t know where to jet off to this year? Looking for some travel inspiration? There are plenty of destinations that are becoming increasingly popular and will surely top the travel hotspots for this year. Whether you are looking for a unique city break, a completely new destination, an adventure in the wild, or clear balmy waters to soak your feet in, here are a few of the 2015’s hottest travel destinations.
1. Japan: Often considered a high-end destination, Japan’s tourism industry has been changing in recent years. A more welcoming atmosphere and a sharp decline in the Japanese currency are turning this exotic country into an increasingly affordable holiday destination. Cosmopolitan Tokyo, quirky Kyoto and the traditional town of Kanazawa are all great places to start.
2. Malaysia: Malaysia offers just about everything to its visitors. From the stylish cosmopolitan hub that is Kuala Lumpur, to exquisite shrines and temples, idyllic beaches, and jungle adventures – there is practically nothing you can’t try in this wildly diverse country. And do it in 2015 as British Airways opens a new flight to Kuala Lumpur.
3. Hainan, China: China has attracted tourists for many years now, but the dreamy island of Hainan is one of its most underrated gems. Located in the southernmost tip of China, this island is already one of the fastest-growing tourism destinations in the world with a constant growth of new hotels and international flights. Besides the lovely beaches, there are also historic tombs, temples and forts to explore.
4. Greek Islands: The Greek Islands have been a popular destination for some time now, but they are not always the first thing that comes to mind when one is thinking of booking an affordable holiday. This summer though, British Airways is launching new flights to Mykonos and Santorini from London City airport, making these tropical islands both more affordable and easier to reach.
5. Bosnia and Herzegovina: One of the most underrated destinations in Europe, Bosnia and Herzegovina holds a magic that is difficult to find anywhere else in the world. Striking landscapes, a truly welcoming people, incredibly cheap prices, and (best of all) very few crowds of tourists – there is very little missing here to make this the perfect holiday destination for 2015.
6. Memphis, Tennessee, USA: This year marks the 80th birthday of Elvis Presley, so you know a big celebration is in order! The nearby Graceland (i.e. the home town of the eternal King of Pop) will host a number of events at the beginning of the year as well as towns in the vicinity. Plus two new music museums are set to open in the Spring in the lively city of Memphis!
7. Malaga, Spain: Already a popular European destination for its beaches, nightlife and cultural life, Malaga will get even better in 2015. The home of Picasso, Malaga’s art scene has always been a lively one and it’s about to get even more interesting. France’s Pompidou Centre is set to open its first outpost outside Paris in this city, the St. Petersburg State Russian Museum will open a branch in Malaga to showcase art from the 15th to the 20th century, and a Museum of Fine Arts and Archaeology will open by the end of the year.
8. Lithuania: As this exquisite country joins the European Union in 2015, travel will become much easier. Explore the picturesque city of Vilnius, whose historic centre is garnished as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, relax on the beach or explore the country’s historical heritage in its many towns and villages. And do it before the crowds of tourists arrive.
9. Dorset, UK: I mean, have you seen Broadchurch? If that hasn’t created enough of a hype for you, the release of the film adaptation of Far from the Maddening Crowd will do the trick. A new trail map “Exploring Thomas Hardy’s West Dorset” will take you through the different places that inspired the author. And then there’s always the picturesque landscape to enjoy.
10. Fez, Morocco: Marrakech has been everyone’s number one destination to visit in Morocco, leaving the unique city of Fez to an afterthought. Slowly, however, a sophisticated travel scene has been developing in this exquisite city and with the debut of an upgraded airport this year, the time has never been better to this Fez a try.
Image source: 1ms.net
Visit simplyholidaydeals.co.uk to find holiday discounts and deals. It is completely free and there is no obligation to purchase. It is simple and easy to become a member. Get deals in your inbox, download our iPhone or Android app and get deals on your mobile, or follow us on your favorite social network. So, show your support and join the 87,000 plus others to date who have joined Simply Holiday Deals and let’s travel the world together…at discounted rates.