Extraordinary Snow Holiday Destinations
Winter is here and we want to make the most of it! And while some people prefer to avoid the cold weather to escape somewhere sunny and warm, winter is also a great time to enjoy the best of the season: the snow. Whether you’re an avid skier, want to learn to snowboard, or just enjoy exploring beautiful nature in the snow, there is plenty to enjoy during the cold season! Here are the best places to have some fun in the snow this winter:
1. French Alps: The prime destination for winter sports in Europe, the French Alps offer a huge variety of snow resorts that will suit different travellers, skills and budgets. If you are enjoying the snow as a family, Sainte Foy offers an excellent mix of mountains for all levels and plenty of schools and creches for the kids. However, if your priority over the holidays is to really improve your technique, Chamonix-Mont-Blanc provides an outstanding selection of pistes.
2. Canada: Although the temperatures may be a little more challenging to deal with, the truth is that Canada is where winter truly shines in all its glory. And the vast national parks and ski resorts throughout the country know exactly how to take advantage of this. Beautifully combining exceptional pistes with gorgeous white landscapes and lively après-ski activities, Canada truly is the dreamy winter wonderland. Banff National Park is one of the best snow destinations in the country.
3. United States: America pretty much has it all – vast ski resorts, excellent snow conditions, beautiful snowy landscapes, charming resort towns, and unique après-ski activities. So, if you’re thinking of heading over to the other side of the big pond for some winter fun you will have plenty of options. While Vail, Colorado is well known for being one of America’s largest resorts, Park City, Utah offers excellent ski conditions, and the resort at Jackson, Wyoming has fun and alternative snow activities including a winter wildlife safari.
4. Slovenia: Although most people think of skiing and snowboarding when talking about winter sports, there are other fun activities to enjoy in the snow. One of them is snowshoeing and Slovenia is one of the best places to try it out. The beautiful Lake Bled in the Julian Alps is one of the most beautiful landscapes in this country and you can explore it all with your warmest socks and a sturdy pair of snow shoes. There are plenty of week-long expeditions that will take you through deeply cut gorges, snowy forests and spectacular glacial lakes.
5. Sweden: It’s also possible to mix excellent snow conditions and stunning landscapes with some interesting culture. In the north of Sweden, besides beautiful white mountains where you can enjoy some snowmobiling and sledding, you can also get to know the native culture of the Sami people. In Kiruna, it is possible to indulge on such a culture trip where you will discover Sami artwork, warm traditional meals and the typical daily life of these native people.
6. Iceland: The winter is also a great time to explore the exceptional rugged landscapes of Iceland. But it can be tough to do so with a regular car hire, so consider embarking on a Superjeep Safari with Explore to make the most of your time. You’ll have your very own driver to take you around the country as you discover icy lakes, spectacular waterfalls, steaming lava fields and much more.
Image source: goodfon.su
Visit simplyholidaydeals.co.uk to find holiday discounts and deals. It is completely free and there is no obligation to purchase. It is simple and easy to become a member. Get deals in your inbox, download our iPhone or Android app and get deals on your mobile, or follow us on your favorite social network. So, show your support and join the 87,000 plus others to date who have joined Simply Holiday Deals and let’s travel the world together…at discounted rates.