Best Beaches in Florida
Florida is becoming increasingly popular as a travel destination. With beautiful weather, lively cities and exciting theme parks that cater to all ages, it’s clear to see why this area is increasing in popularity. One more thing makes this a great getaway destination: the excellent beaches that line the sandy coast of Florida. But with such a long coastline, it can be hard to find which of them really are the best beaches to sunbathe. So we’ve put together a list of the best beaches in the Sunshine State.
1. South Beach (Miami): Each beach in Florida has its own unique characteristics that make it perfect for different kinds of travellers and visitors, but South Beach in Miami is still the “it” place to see and be seen. Bikini-clad models doing photo shoots, buff men playing polo on horses, and beach goers riding on jet skis are just some of the things you can see at this one-of-a-kind Florida beach.
2. Clearwater Beach (Clearwater): Named Florida’s best beach by USA Today, Clearwater Beach has rightfully earned its reputation as one of the finest beaches in America. With broad sandy shores and plenty of beachfront hotels, there are plenty of fun activities constantly happening in the sand, on the water or at the piers.
3. Naples Beaches (Naples): Plenty of beaches line the coast of the city of Naples, and you will have a hard time picking the best spot to put down your towel. You will have a gorgeous view of the waves on one side, and a magnificent view of the luxurious mansions on Millionaire’s Row on the other, so it’s up to you where you set up camp. Wherever you are, you are sure to find food stands and bath houses so this is the perfect place to bring along the whole family.
4. Siesta Beach (Siesta Key): The long stretch of sand at Siesta Key offers something for everyone. Couples can take advantage of the less crowded sand to enjoy a romantic afternoon, whilst more active beach goers can indulge in a number of exciting water sports such as kayaking.
5. Sanibel Beach (Sanibel Island): If collecting seashells is your thing, then Sanibel Beach is the place to go. The unique barrier-like shape of the island has made it the ideal spot for gathering perfectly intact shells of every shape, size and colour. The spectacular natural scenery also makes this beach a wonderful place to enjoy a leisurely stroll by the shore.
6. Key West: The free spirit found in this Florida gem can take you to places you never imagined! That coupled with the spectacularly warm beaches make this the closest thing to paradise you will find in Florida. Rent out some snorkel gear, explore the island on a bike or head into the city to discover new bars and shops.
7. Palm Beach: The epitome of luxury, wealth and extravagance, Palm Beach has been the holiday destination of powerful families for centuries, including the Kennedys, Rockefellers, Vanderbilts and known American millionaires and billionaires such as Mark Zuckerberg, Donald Trump and Tiger Woods. It’s the best place to sunbathe in pristine beaches and relax at some of Florida’s finest hotels.
8. Cape Florida (Key Biscayne): This is the perfect beach to spend a day with the family. The wide and spacious sandy shores are ideal for setting up camp with a large group and the calm waters are safe for young children to swim or paddle. You will also find a restaurant and toilets on site, which will all help in making your day go much more smoothly.
Image source: hdwallpapersinn.com
Visit simplyholidaydeals.co.uk to find holiday discounts and deals. It is completely free and there is no obligation to purchase. It is simple and easy to become a member. Get deals in your inbox, download our iPhone or Android app and get deals on your mobile, or follow us on your favorite social network. So, show your support and join the 60,000 plus others to date who have joined Simply Holiday Deals and let’s travel the world together…at discounted rates.